There are only 3 steps to sign up and ride a Bici Quito (Bici-Q). If you don’t do it for the planet, do it for the exercise, if not for the exercise, then do it to avoid traffic and if you don’t do it for traffic, do it because you can spend a few minutes outdoors before locking yourself in the office for hours. Look at it this way, if you go by bike you avoid traffic while exercising and also contribute to not polluting the planet.
3 STEPS FOR REGISTRATION
- Enter this link, click on “Sign up” and fill in the required fields
- Once registered, fill out this form and this contract. Download them and print them.
- Submit the form and the contract, along with the copy of the identity card or passport, copy of the ballot paper, copy of a basic service form of your address (electricity, water, telephone) and the map of your Address at any Bike Q station or in its administrative offices:
Av. Amazonas N33-299 and England, Edif. Valderrama
Administration Eloy Alfaro, Citizen Services Av. Alonso de Angulo and Cap. César Chiriboga.
Secretary of Mobility García Moreno N2-57 and Bolívar.
Bicentennial Enrollment Center. Former Mariscal Sucre Airport, Iturralde and Avenida de la Prensa.
* In the case of minor users who have reached the age of 16, they must go to their legal representative who will sign the authorization and the respective contract.
FOR FOREIGN RESIDENTS
If you have been here for more than 3 months you must present all of the above and also:
The guarantee or responsibility of the employer, certificate of the center of studies or personal reference of an Ecuadorian.
Throughout the week, Bici Q will contact you to confirm the date when you can start using the “BiciQuito” Public Bicycle. The opening hours are from Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- Always wear a helmet when using the bike.
- Always go slower or stop at intersections, not everyone respects the bike path.
- Give pedestrians preference to cross
- Check the bike before using it
- Use sunscreen (even if it doesn’t look sunny outside)
- Stay away from cars.
Keep in mind that millions of people in the world go to work by car or bus. That results in millions of tons of CO2 released into the atmosphere which pollutes the environment and accelerates Global Warming, which in turn generates climate change, environmental impacts, animal deaths and natural disasters. Your contribution to register and ride a Bike Q will give our planet a break and it will help change the lifestyle we lead in the city.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERS