There are 10 things you can change in your habits which would result in a great help for our planet.
- Do you leave your cellphone charger connected, even if you’re not charging?
The charger consumes energy, even if you are not using it.
- Is your light bill really high?
Change the light bulbs to halogen incandescents, compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), and light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
- Do you hate traffic?
Ride a bike, take public transportation or sign up for carpooling.
- Do you return from the supermarket with a lot of plastic bags?
Take your own reusable bag when you go shopping. These are stronger and durable.
- Is your tv remote out of batteries?
Use rechargeable batteries, they pollute less and are more economic in the long term.
- Do you check the lights when you leave a room?
Always remember to turn off the lights of every room you leave.
- Is the water running even if you’re not using it?
Keep the tapo closed while it’s not being used!
- Do you organize your waste?
Separate trash into plastics, glass, paper and organics.
- Do you use plastic bottles?
Reuse it or, better yet, use a thermos. 7 million tons of plastic are dumped in the ocean EVERY YEAR.
- Do you use both sides of a paper?
Use one side to print and the other for messages.
We hope you can apply one, several or, better yet, all these ways to help the Planet. If you have more ideas, share them with us!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERS